Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State yesterday presented the state’s 2023 budget proposal, dubbed Budget of Consolidation and Projects, to the state House of Assembly. The projected budget for the state is N175 billion.
Presenting the budget in Yola, Fintiri said the budget was to consolidate the achievements of his administration since it took over the leadership of the state in 2019.
Of the estimated N175,019,054,060, 60% (N105,011,432,436) is to be spent on recurrent expenditure, while the remaining 40% (N70,007,621,624) was allocated for capital expenditure. Of the proposed sum, education got the largest share for capital expenditure.
The Governor posited education got the sum to make resources available for the establishment of three schools proposed for the specially gifted.
The budget is expected to be passed into law before December 31, 2022.